Sadly, you've missed submissions for this years Cocktail Competition. But fear not, catch up on all the latest from the National heats and find out who is crowned Wild Turkey's 2015 Cocktail Competition Champion over on our UK facebook page.
If you have any queries or problems entering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wild Turkey Annual cocktail competition is back!
Now in its third year, 2015’s ‘Wild Turkey Cocktail Competition’ is ready for you!
Do you have what it takes to follow in the footsteps of our previous legends and win a money can’t buy trip to visit the Wild Turkey distillery to meet one of the godfather’s of modern Bourbon …?
…and if that’s still not enough!? OK, a stop in Manhattan on the way to the distillery!
To enter, we are asking bartenders to submit a cocktail that celebrates the classic Bourbon flavours of Wild Turkey, with the following rules:
- contains a minimum of 35ml Wild Turkey 81 Bourbon or Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon.
- has a maximum of 6 ingredients (one of these can be homemade).
That’s it! Make us a drink that show off the best of Wild Turkey, and of what you can do.
To enter click on the link above and submit your recipe along with a photo so we can start the first round of judging.
The first round is a blind judging based solely on the recipe that you submit, this is ensure we can have complete impartiality in the judging, with our panel not knowing the name of the bar or the bartender. They will be judging solely on the ingredients you submit.
To make sure that we send the best drinks through we have our Brand Ambassador, Martin Taylor, along with the competitions previous winners Henry Yates and Josh Reynolds judging this part of the competition.
The chosen finalists will go through to their local regional heat in either; Edinburgh, Bristol, East London, Leeds, Manchester or West London and the winner of each regional will then progress to the national final on the 12th of August in London.
As well as the 6 regional finalists, the judging panel will select 3 “Wild Cards” from the regional heats to pass through to the final, these will be selected after the final regional.
Submissions for entry close on Monday 25th of May, after which we will choose the regional entrants and notify everyone.
The dates for the regional heats are:
|West London||Wednesday 10th June|
|Bristol||Wednesday 17th June|
|Leeds||Wednesday 24th June|
|Manchester||Thursday 2nd July|
|East London||Wednesday 8th July|
|Edinburgh||Wednesday 15th July|
National final will be held in London on Wednesday 12th of August.Click here to enter
The regional heats will involve making the signature drink which you used to enter the competition. You will have a total of 5 minutes preparation, followed by a maximum of 7 minutes to present your drink to the judges. All entrants must provide all their own equipment, glassware and ingredients (Wild Turkey 81, Wild Turkey 101 and ice will be provided on the day).
Judging will be based on the following criteria
|Name / Originality||15 points|
|Bar Skills / Efficiency||20 points|
The winning bartender from each regional and eventual 3 Wild Cards, will move forward to the National Final to be held in London on the 12th of August, with the details of the final to be announced after the final regional.
All travel and accommodation will be paid for by Wild Turkey.
The winning bartender and 2 runners up will win a trip to the Wild Turkey distillery and Manhattan in November, dates TBC.
1. Entries must be in the form of a long or short drink, not a shot and be a minimum of 80ml liquid volume.
2. Entries are not officially accepted until email notice of acceptance is sent by the organizers, notification of acceptance to the regional heats will happen by the 22nd of May at the latest
3. Only one entry per bartender
4. Drinks must not contain more than six ingredients, including fruit juices, syrups, drops or dashes. It is acceptable to additionally spray a citrus fruit zest over the drink if specified as a garnish. With a few exceptions it is the simple drinks that have gone on to become ‘classics'.
5. One homemade ingredient may be used, but the recipe must be submitted with the cocktail, and ingredients must be readily available.
6. Recipes that can be easily replicated are preferred. Ingredients must be readily/widely available proprietary products, fruit and commonly found bar products (including homemade ingredients).
7. Recipes must contain minimum of 35ml Wild Turkey 81 Bourbon OR Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon OR a combination of both
8. Don’t plagarize, otherwise its instant disqualification
9. Recipes entered must be in milliliters, with the use of ‘dashes' and/or ‘drops' limited to bitters, hot pepper sauce and the like. Fruit juice quantities must also be stipulated, e.g."squeeze of lime" is a no no
Drinks & Preparation
10. Drinks must be prepared in front of the judges.
11. Competitors must supply their own bartending kit (shaker, bar spoon, strainer etc.) and electric blender if required.
12. Cocktails may be presented in any shape of glass, cup or other hygienic and safe receptacle. The organizer will supply limited basic glassware but competitors are advised to bring their own. Note, points are awarded for presentation.
13. Each competitor must make at least two identical drinks for the judges to sample.
14. Competitors must be able to prepare drinks within a maximum of 6 minutes but will additionally be given a further 5 minutes, prior to making their drink, to familiarize themselves with the bar area and prepare equipment and ingredients.
15. By entering this competition, competitors agree to assign copyright of their recipe and drink name for use in association with the Wild Turkey brand.
16. Talk to the judges while making you’re drink, there’s points on presentation!
17. We will be taking photos and videos throughout the competition and copyright of these images for any use, including advertising and social media or press channels will be retained by J. Wray & Nephew UK, a Gruppo Campari Company, Trading as Glen Grant Ltd
18. Wild Turkey1 reserve the right to have the final decision on any matter relating to the judging of the competition.
19. Wild Turkey1 will appoint the panel of judges and reserve the right to replace or appoint new judges before or during the competition.
20. Competitors who enter must be available for the National Final on 12th August 2015 at a location in Central London.
21. Competitors that enter must be hold a full valid UK or EU passport, be over the age of 21, and have the ability to travel to the United States of America
22. Competitors must be available to travel to the USA in November 2015
Wild Turkey is a brand owned by J. Wray & Nephew UK, a Gruppo Campari Company, Trading as Glen Grant Ltd.